300 Astronomical Objects by Wilkins, Jamie
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: Astronomy
- Weight: 0.90kg
- ISBN: 9781554078127
Convenient sidebars with each entry provide up-to-date facts and figures on every object, including mass, magnitude, density, radius, rotation period, and surface and core temperatures. An annotated cross-section of the object enhances this information, and a full-color photograph brings the object to life.
Additional spreads bring together and explain related objects and phenomena. For example, the corresponding pages for the sun include solar power, sunspots and solar flares. Others examples include:
- Mercury and its surface
- The asteroid belt and 433 Eros
- Jupiter and its moons, including Io, Europa and Callista
- Uranus and its rings and moons, including Ariel and Titania
- Outer belts and comets, such as Halley's comet, and the Deep Impact mission
- Space telescopes, including the International Space Station.
300 Astronomical Objects is a beautiful and handy reference for the amateur astronomer.