The Best Freezer Cookbook : 100 Freezer Friendly Recipes
Freezing foods successfully -- the best recipes and techniques.
Freezing is the easiest way to preserve food, whether it's the bounty of a summer harvest saved for winter enjoyment or a delicious prepared meal that can be thawed and reheated when needed. The Best Freezer Cookbook guides the home cook in making the best choices of foods to freeze and using the most effective techniques for preserving flavors and textures.
Jan Main includes 100 carefully tested recipes for appetizers, soups, quick suppers, meals for entertaining, snacks and desserts -- all specially created and selected to give the best possible results when frozen. These recipes provide a convenient and time-saving way to create and freeze a variety of dishes, including:
- Quick chicken noodle soup, hearty tomato vegetable soup, hearty turkey soup
- Ratatouille, chicken frittata, best-ever meatloaf
- Vegetarian shepherd's pie with peppered potato topping, turkey pot pie with biscuit topping
- Veal stew with dill and mushrooms, carbonnade, pork apple curry, Bavarian stew
- Pesto croustades, easy bouillabaisse, pear-mincemeat strudel, herbed cheese dip or spread
- Focaccia, whole wheat soda bread, cranberry oatmeal cookies, double chocolate chunk cookies.
Each chapter includes tips to ensure the maximum benefit from a home freezer. Helpful suggestions are given for easy entertaining, monthly meal planning, simple heat-and-eat dishes for busy weeknights, and freezing baked goods.
The Best Freezer Cookbook is the perfect cookbook for anyone who seeks delicious dishes and complete meals that are freezer friendly.